Commonly Asked Questions
Currently, we are not offering sliding scale services. However, we do hope to offer this in the future so please continue to check back. In lieu of sliding scale Mirey Faema is a counsellor at the Fernie Women’s Resource Centre on Thursdays & Fridays. The women’s centre provides 12 no-cost counselling sessions to those who qualify. If affordability is a challenge please click this link to connect with the Fernie Women’s Centre to see if they are a fit and complete their intake process.
Counselling is a collaboration. We aren’t here to tell you what to do, or judge your choices. Instead we work with you to help you achieve change where you feel change is needed. You can go as deep into your story as you feel or keep focused on problem solving day-to-day stressors. While we will make suggestions and occasionally call out some contradictions (wiith love of course), ultimately, you are in the driver’s seat.
Counselling is a confidential service. Everything you discuss with your counsellor is private. However, there are some limitations to confidentiality. In the following instances your counsellor may break confidentiality.
- If there is imminent risk of serious bodily harm (includes physical or psychological harm) to the client or anyone else, e.g. suicide, homicide.
- where disclosure is required under the Child and Family Services Act, 1990 for example, where the member has reasonable grounds to suspect that a child is in need of protection due to physical harm, neglect or sexual abuse by a person having charge of the child;
- where necessary for particular legal proceedings (e.g. when the member is subpoenaed);
- to facilitate an investigation or inspection if authorized by warrant or by any provincial or federal law (e.g. a criminal investigation against the member, his/her staff, or a client);
- for the purpose of contacting a relative, friend or potential substitute decision-maker of the individual, if the individual is injured, incapacitated or ill and unable to give consent personally.
You can reschedule or cancel your appointments as your plans change. However, we ask that you provide 24 hours notice as a minimum. This will allow us to fill your spot with a client in need. If you provide less than 24 hours notice you will be charged for the session.
- In person sessions are offered in Fernie
- Virtual Sessions
- Phone sessions
- Walking sessions